13 Rules to maintain your smartphone water and dust resistant
Water and dust resistant devices are great because they are more durable than normal smartphones. If you bought a new smartphone that is water and dust resistant, at first you need to read how to treat it and what the protection ratings IP55 and IP510+1 mean. So at first read the 10+1 things to know if your device is water resistant.
Month after month you need to be careful how you treat your device if you want the device to remain water and dust resistant. Here are the rules of the water and dust resistant phones.
1. Do not immerse the device in water deeper than 1m and never keep it submerged for more than 30 minutes.
2. Ensure that the back and multipurpose jack covers are tightly closed every time. Otherwise, they may not provide protection from water and dust.
3. Do not expose the device to water moving with force, such as ocean waves or waterfalls.
4. Do not open the device’s covers when the device is in water or in very humid places, such as swimming pools or bathrooms.
5. Do not open the back cover using wet hands or when the device is wet.
6. The rubber seal fitted to the back cover is an important component of the device. Take care when opening and closing the back cover to avoid damaging the rubber seal. Also, ensure that the rubber seal is free from debris, such as sand or dust to prevent damage to the device.
7. Do not detach or remove the multipurpose jack cover from the device.
8. Do not expose the device to salt water, ionised water, or soapy water.
9. The back and multipurpose jack covers may be loosened if the device is dropped or
receives an impact. Ensure that all the covers are properly aligned and tightly closed.
10. If the device has been immersed in water or the microphone or the speaker is wet,
sound may not be heard clearly during a call. Ensure that the microphone or the speaker
is clean and dry by wiping it with a dry cloth.
11. If the device gets wet, dry it thoroughly with a clean, soft cloth.
12. The water-resistant design of the device causes it to vibrate slightly in certain conditions. Vibrations in these conditions, such as when the volume level is high are normal and do not affect the device’s performance.
13. The touch screen and other features may not work properly if the device is used in water or in other liquids.