LG G3 Specs Rating Review (72.8) – Competition Comparison
When LG G2 was launched in September 2013, LG made a big step forward on the premium smartphones field. LG G2 was a really great phone and all the premium devices that followed by LG had the same victorious tempo. So now we have the next big thing from LG. LG G3 is here and it has an amazing screen, extreme tech specs and a lot of competition as the premium devices of Samsung, HTC and Huawei are already in the market. So let’s review the device and compare it to the competition.
• Great massive 5.5″ QHD screen (resolution 1.440 x 2.560px)
• It’s the first smartphone with QHD screen resolution and 534 pixels per inch
• Huge screen compared to the body of the device (76.4% of the front is covered by screen)
• This screen is great when you open high quality images and videos, you can see impressive detail
• HTC One has 4.7 inches screen and 469PPI
• Google Nexus 5 has a 5 inches screen and 469PPI
• There are more than 7 smartphones with 441PPI and 5 inches screens
• Mid range smartphones have over 300PPI and high range above 400PPI
• The first Android smartphone with Optical Image Stabilization and laser autofocus
• 13MP camera and 2.1MP front camera
• Can take video at 2160p
• Laser focus can measure distances even in the dark. It is extremely accurate and fast.
• The front camera is a selfie camera with 77° lens with larger pixels and brighter lens than the main camera
• Dual-LED, two-tone flash for night shots
• Multiple mics which monitor ambient noise levels and tune the sound accordingly – great audio even in loud environment.
• Only Nokia Lumia 930 has also OIS.
• Sony Xperia Z2 has a 20.7MP camera and a slightly smaller screen at 5.2 inches.
• There are 5 phones with the biggest camera available on Android (20.7MP), all of them are Sony devices, except Samsung Galaxy K Zoom
• Samsung Galaxy S5 has a 16MP camera
• LG G Flex and Sony Xperia T2 ultra have 13MP cameras and bigger screens
• LG G3 has an ultrafast Snapdragon 801, quad-core Krait 400 processor at 2.5GHz, Adreno 330
• The phone is available in 2 versions: one with 2GB RAM and 16GB storage and one with 3GB RAM and 32GB storage.
• microSD card slot is available in both of them
• You can find the same chipset in Samsung Galaxy S5 and Oppo Find 7
• Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and LG G Pro 2 have also fast processors and 3GB of RAM
• There are a lot of fast smartphones with quad core processors (Sony Xperia Z2, Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 are really fast).
• A big 3,000mAh battery gives a lot of power to the device.
• There is a power saving option to make the battery last longer
• The battery lives longer because of the carbon metals used by LG and replaced the traditional metal.
• The biggest battery is found on Huawei Ascend Mate (6.1 inches), a 4050mAh battery.
• At 5.5 inches the devices have slighter bigger batteries: LG Optimus G Pro (3140mAh), LG G Pro Lite (3140mAh), Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (3100mAh) and even Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (3100mAh) have bigger batteries
• LG G3 has the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat and rich software
• Knock On (tap tap and the phone wakes) is quickly growing in popularity among users and is also copy pasted by other companies like Sony and HTC.
• Knock Code allows you to design your own security pattern choosing among 80,000 variations.
• Content Lock will hide all files and photos when you give your phone to a friend (or your wife).
• Kill Switch allows you to find your lost phone and recover or delete all the data. It also works as an antivirus.
• There are 7 phones with Android 4.4 right from the start. These are LG G Pro 2, Sony Xperia Z2, Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, Google Nexus 5, LG G3 and Samsung Galaxy K Zoom
• There are also some software rich devices like Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 and also Sony Xperia Z2
• Knock On is also found in HTC One M8 and Sony Xperia Z2
SIZE & DESIGN
• Great look with a new material with metallic look that is both scratch and fingerprint resistant. It looks like metal but it feels like plastic.
• Compact body with huge screen
• Available in White, Black, Gold Red and Violet.
• The useful buttons on the back (power and volume) are still there like in G2
• At 8.9mm and 149g it’s not the slimmest nor the lightest device but its size is good for the category.
• The thinner device is Huawei Ascend P6 (6.2mm) and the lighter is HTC Desire C (100g).
• Sony Xperia Z2 at 5.2 inches is 8.2mm and 163g
• Samsung Galaxy S5 at 5.1 inches is 8.1mm and 145g
• Sony Xperia Z Ultra at 6.4 inches is 6.5mm and 212g
• Samsung Galaxy Round at 5.7 inches is 7.9mm and 154g
• The screen
• The camera software
• The security features
• The Android customizations
• The camera should be 20.7MP
• The lowest 2GB RAM version