Unlock the screen lock security pattern (Troubleshooting for all Android phones)
There are a lot of ways to lock your Android phone so as not to let other people access your phone (slide, face unlock, pattern, pin and password).
The screen lock security pattern is the best way to unlock your phone as you can unlock it fast with just a swipe on the screen. It is also good against thieves.
The pattern will not return the lost phone to the owner, but the thieves will not have access to your personal files and contacts. So please lock your phones.
But what happens when you forget the security pattern you put on the phone? We will help you unlock it.
Android device used: Google Nexus 4
Android version: Android 4.2
1. After you failed 5 times to swipe the correct security pattern, the device locks itself and you have to wait 30 seconds to try again.
2. Wait for 30 seconds before trying again
3. If you don’t remember the pattern you could try unlocking the phone with your Gmail account
4. Press the Forgot Pattern button (down – right)
5. Write your email and password and press ok (the phone must be connected to the internet).
6. If the phone is connected online, then the phone unlocks. If not, your only option is to reset the phone to the factory settings.
To get a phone back to the factory settings, you have to press the right buttons and follow the procedure.
In the following pages, you can find how to reset your phone back to factory settings according to the model of your phone.
Just choose your phone from the following pages and follow the instructions.
If there are not instructions for your device, leave a comment below so as to add the instructions on this page.
Page 1 of 10: General unlocking rules
Page 2 of 10: Sony devices unlocking tips
Page 3 of 10: Samsung devices unlocking tips
Page 4 of 10: LG devices unlocking tips
Page 5 of 10: ZTE devices unlocking tips
Page 6 of 10: Alcatel devices unlocking tips
Page 7 of 10: HTC devices unlocking tips
Page 8 of 10: Motorola devices unlocking tips
Page 9 of 10: Vodafone devices unlocking tips
Page 10 of 10: Other devices unlocking tips