The best player to play wmv, avi, flv, 3gp files on your device
WMV video format is very popular and you may have a lot of videos on that format as I do.
You can play these videos on your Android phone using these two methods.
Normally Android phones only support few video formats as H.263, H.264 AVC and MPEG-4 SP and some phones some more.
So if you want to play AVI, Xvid, DivX, MKV, WMV, RM, FLV, SWF, ASF, MPG, MOV, MPEG, HD, MTS, M2TS, and TS on your Android phone you need to either convert them to android phone compatible video format like mpeg-4 or just use the right player.
Converting is a big headache and you need a nice converter and some time to change the videos to the compatible format. Moreover you may loose the sound or the quality.
So it’s better to download a free video player from Google Play.
The best free video player to play your WMV files is MoboPlayer.
You can play any WMV but also AVI, FLV, MPG, MOV, & MP4 files on your Android phone.
This player doesn’t need too much processing power so a 600MHz ARM6 CPU is ok.
You can do the same job with RockPlayer too which is also free.
1. Download the player from Google Play (free)
2. When installed open the app and wait for a while to scan the SD card of your phone.
3. Then you see the folders that have videos. You must put the WMV file on one folder.
4. Tap on the folder to access it. Find the video and tap on play.
5. If you tap on the window down – left you can select if you want to see the video in original size, full screen, fill screen or 16:9. You can start and pause the video as in every player.
You can also add a video on your start screen. You can see on the second part of the following video how to do it.