Samsung Galaxy K zoom Specs Rating Review (44.3) – Competition Comparison
Samsung Galaxy K Zoom is trying to fit a high end camera into a premium smartphone. Or to fit a premium smartphone into a high end camera. This is risky because you have to create a device that will be admired by camera lovers (DSLR ones) and premium smartphone lovers. Is that possible? Almost. Samsung Galaxy K Zoom is the successor of Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom launched a year ago. It is slimmer and more powerful but can this device replace your DSLR or beat Samsung Galaxy S5? That’s what we are going to analyze here.
• 4.8″ Super AMOLED screen at 1200X720, so this is not a full HD screen
• 306PPI are not that bad, the quality of the screen is good, it is bright enough
• The quality screen is essential when you take photos, of course this screen is better than the screens of the DSLR cameras
• Most premium smartphones have more than 400PPI
• Phones with 20.7MP cameras have 441PPI like Sony Xperia Z1s or Sony Xperia Z1
• At 300PPI the competition is older phones like Samsung Galaxy S3 (306PPI) or HTC One X (312PPI).
• One of the best cameras on a smartphone, with a 20.7MP CMOS sensor
• Censor designed to take more photons and create better shots
• Creativity on the max, you can split the auto focus and auto exposure and raise or lower the exposure on a certain area and focus on another. You have to try it to understand it.
• It’s one of the most powerful censors on a phone and that’s the difference from other 20.7MP camera phones.
• You can take automatic selfies – the camera get the photo when the face is at its best
• 10x zoom is great to have on a phone, you simply pinch the screen to zoom in, of course it is difficult to be stable holding a phone at 10x
• Strong burst mode to take a lot of shots in minimum time
• Xenon flash is really strong for night shots
• No 4K recording
• 20.7MP smartphones are already in the market like Sony Xperia Z2, Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
• There are devices that can take 4K videos
• Samsung Galaxy S5 has a great 16MP camera with a lot of customization and settings to play with
• Huawei Ascend P7 has a great 8MP front camera for better selfies.
Check the video sample of Samsung Galaxy K zoom below:
• Powered by an Hexa-core processor (1.3GHz Quad-core & 1.7GHz Dual-core) with 2GB of RAM.
• It’s strong enough to handle all these big 20.7MP photos and videos
• There are only 8GB of memory on the phone, really low for a high camera phone like this one. Of course you can add a microSD slot
• Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One M8 and LG G Pro 2 have a quad core processor at 2.3GHz. These are the fastest processors today.
• Sony Xperia Z2 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 have 3GB of RAM and they can handle better the multitasking orders
• There are a lot of quad core fast phones like Samsung Galaxy S5, Google Nexus 5 or LG G2.
• You can find a 2,430 mAh which is not big enough, maybe there were no space after the censor was positioned on the device
• There is an Ultra Power Saving Mode to help you make the battery last longer.
• A photo tool need a lot of power and a smartphone too. So this battery is not enough for this device.
• The biggest battery is on the huge 6.1 inches Huawei Ascend Mate, a 4050mAh battery.
• On 5 inches the biggest battery is the 3000mAh battery of Sony Xperia Z1s, Sony Xperia Z1, Huawei Ascend D2
• HTC One M8 and Samsung Galaxy S5 have also a 2600mAh battery and some battery saver options.
• You can find Android 4.4.2 KitKat with some features of Samsung Galaxy S5
• S Health Lite is here to make your life better
• Kids mode is available but will you give that device to your kids?
• Studio app lets you edit and play with your photos
• We would like to have the full software of Samsung Galaxy S5 but the processor couldn’t handle the 20.7 camera and the full edition of customizations and add ons so this is a stripped version of the Samung custom UI.
• There are 6 phones with Android 4.4 right from the start. These are LG G Pro 2, Sony Xperia Z2, Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8 and Google Nexus 5.
• Samsung Galaxy S5 has many more apps and customizations at almost the same price
SIZE & DESIGN
• It’s not the slimmest device with this huge censor on the back
• 20.2mm thickness is double the thickness of all other smartphones
• The back is rubberised and very grippable
• The weight is also almost double of that of other smartphones (200g)
• The thinner device is Huawei Ascend P6 (6.2mm) and the lighter is HTC Desire C (100g).
• Sony Xperia Z2 with 20.7MP is 8.2mm and 163g
• Sony Xperia Z1s with 20.7MP is 8.6mm and 162g
• Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with 20.7MP is 8.8mm and 137g
• Sony Xperia Z1 with 20.7MP is 8.5mm and 169g
• The camera
• The 10x zoom
• The processor
• The photo editing app
• The design (too big)
• The low memory
• The bad battery