Remove Picasa Albums from your Gallery without deleting it
I am really mad with Picasa albums appearing on my mobile phone. I don’t use Picasa so my Google account has a lot of crappy photos.
I don’t want these photos on my phone so the automatic sync the latest Android version do, is irritating me.
The other irritating Android habit is that it creates an album for the pictures I upload to my Google Plus profile.
So there is a way to delete all these photos from your Android phone and never make them appear again.
With the following steps, you will only see the photos stored on your device and those you took with your camera.
The Picasa photos will not be deleted, they will just stop showing on the photo.
1. You need to stop syncing first. Go to Settings, then Accounts and choose Google.
2. Turn the sync off or deselect Google photos (or Picasa albums), Google Plus, Google+ Auto backup.
3. Now you should clear the gallery data so as to make the photos disappear (the photos will not be deleted from your Picasa account).
4. Go to Settings and select Apps then swipe right twice to the All tab
5. Find the Gallery app and select it
6. Press Clear Data.
7. Let the gallery refresh
That’s it! Now the Gallery is clean and it shows only the local photo albums.