Use Small Apps for multitasking on Sony Xperia Z2 and other Sony Android devices
Multitasking is a great feature in premium devices. We like when we can do a lot of stuff at the same time.
Small Apps is a feature on Sony premium devices like Sony Xperia Z2 that lets you open two or more apps on the screen.
You can get quick access to several small apps at any time using the small apps bar.
A small app only takes up a small area of your screen, so you can interact with a small app and another application at the same time on the same screen. For example, you can have a webpage open and then open the Calculator small app on or the timer of the device.
You can download more small apps from Google Play.
Let’s see what you can do with small apps.
Open a small app
1 To make the small apps bar appear, press the double window button on the down right side of the device (next to the home button) .
2 Tap the small app that you want to open. You can open several small apps at the same time.
Close a small app
Tap the X button on the right upper side of the small app window.
Move a small app
When the small app is open, touch and hold the top left corner of the small app, then move it to the desired location.
Minimise a small app
1. When the small app is open, touch and hold the top left corner of the small app, then drag it to the right edge or to the bottom edge of the screen.
2. To rearrange the small apps in the small apps bar touch and hold a small app and drag it to the desired position.
Edit the small apps bar
1. To remove a small app from the small apps bar touch and hold a small app, then drag it to .
2. To restore a previously removed small app, open the small apps bar, then tap Λ button and touch and hold the small app that you want to restore, then drag it into the small apps bar.
Download more small apps
1 From the small apps bar, tap the Λ button and then the + button.
2. The menu opens the Google Play app.
3. Follow the instructions to download the app and complete the installation.
Add a widget as a small app
1. To make the small apps bar appear, press the double window button
2. Tap the Λ button and the select + and from the menu select Widgets. .
3 Select a widget.
4 Enter a name for the widget, if desired, then tap OK.
STEPS ON VIDEO