Keep the Wi-Fi alive while the smartphone is sleeping
If you need your Wi-Fi open to upload a file on Dropbox or listen to music from YouTube, you can use this simple tip to let it open while the phone sleeps.
Normally when the phone sleeps, the Wi-Fi is disconnected to save the battery.
But you can change that very easily.
Android device used: Google Nexus 4
Android version: Android 4.2
1. Go to Settings on your phone
2. Select Wi-Fi
3. Press the 3 dots (down right) and then select Advanced
4. Select Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep.
There are 3 options
– Always: Your Wi-Fi will stay always open. This is good for your internet connection (when you listen to music or uploading or downloading something, but bad for your battery)
– Only when plugged in: This saves battery as the Wi-Fi is always on when plugged in but off when the phone is on its battery
– Never: This will save your battery but the Wi-Fi is turned off when the phone is going to sleep.