Huawei Ascend P7 Specs Rating Review (77.7) – Competition Comparison
Huawei Ascend P7 is the new flagship from Huawei and the predecessor was a really great surprise. Huawei Ascend P6 was known as the thinnest smartphone and it still is. Huawei Ascend P7 is the smartphone with the biggest front camera. Overall this is a great smartphone with a great price. Let’s check the specs that make this phone unique, compare it to the competition and make the final decision. The score of the phone is pretty high and it will launch officially in June.
• 5″ 1080p screen – this is a brand new IPS display of 1080p resolution with 455PPI.
• Really wide viewing angles and minimum color distortion
• You can adjust the screen’s color temperature – it’s a rare option to see in the competition
• We like smart backlight option that assures the automatic brightness control
• You can control your phone with gloves with gloves mode
• HTC One is the only device with more pixels per inch (469PPI) but it has a smaller screen (4.7 inches).
• Google Nexus 5 has 445PPI.
• The difference above 400PPI is too small to see naked eye
• The best front facing camera ever on a smartphone – 8MP
• Selfies look fabulous – you have a lot of options like face enhancement and selfie panorama
• Great 13MP camera from Sony
• Both cameras can shoot 1080p video
• The image gallery app has a great photo editor
• Single LED flash
• 20.7MP smartphones are already in the market like Sony Xperia Z2, Sony Xperia Z1, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact
• Samsung Galaxy S5 has a great 16MP camera
• There is a lot of competition at 13MP with a lot of great phones like Samsung Galaxy Note 3, LG G Pro 2, Samsung Galaxy S4 and LG G2
• HTC One M8 has a 5MP front camera which is great for selfies too.
• Powered by an older quad core 1.8GHz Cortex-A9 built by Huawei with 2GB of RAM.
• The Cortex A9 cores are not the newest cores of the market.
• Mid-range results in CPU benchmarks, cannot be compared to the premium smartphones.
REMARK: Do you really need all that power of the newest smartphones? Motorola Moto G has a dual core processor and is really fast.
• Sony Xperia Z2, HTC One M8 and LG G Pro 2have a quad core processor at 2.3GHz. These are the fastest processors today.
• Sony Xperia Z2 and Samsung Galaxy Note 3 have 3GB of RAM and they can handle better the multitasking orders
• There are a lot of quad core fast phones like Samsung Galaxy S5, Google Nexus 5 or LG G2.
• You can find a 2,500 mAh non-removable Li-Po battery
• There is a Power Manager feature that will make your battery last longer.
• The biggest battery is on the huge 6.1 inches Huawei Ascend Mate, a 4050mAh battery.
• On 5 inches the biggest battery is the 3000mAh battery of Sony Xperia Z1s, Sony Xperia Z1, Huawei Ascend D2
• HTC One M8 and Samsung Galaxy S5 have also a 2600mAh battery and some battery saver options.
• You can find Android 4.4.2 KitKat with Emotion UI v2.3, the custom made Huawei UI
• There is simple homescreen mode, it looks like Windows Phone, you can see an enlarged simple-to-use interface without complicated menus. You bought a complicated phone and you need simple homescreen? How bizarre!
• The notification area is smart, we love it.
• You can find Dolby Mobile and a lot of customization to play with the sound.
• FM radio is available and it’s one of the rare premium smartphones with radio.
• There are 6 phones with Android 4.4 right from the start. These are LG G Pro 2, Sony Xperia Z2, Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, Google Nexus 5 and Samsung Galaxy K Zoom
SIZE & DESIGN
• It’s not the slimmest device (P6 is) but it’s slim (6.5mm)
• The back is made of glass
• The design is nearly identical to P6
• With 124g it’s one of the lightest devices of the category.
• Sony Xperia Z Ultra is 6.5mm but it has a bigger screen
• ZTE Grand Memo is lighter with 120g and a bigger 5.7 inches screen
• The price
• The second (front) camera
• The design
• FM Radio
• The processor
• The glass on the back