Use Finger Scanner to access Samsung Galaxy S5
Fingerprint recognition is great, more security, easier access to our phones. Here is a small guide to help you configure your Samsung Galaxy S5.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
When you scan your fingerprints on the device, be aware of the following conditions that may affect the feature’s performance:
• The Home button contains a fingerprint recognition sensor. Ensure that the Home button is not scratched or damaged by metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.
• The screen protector supplied with the device may cause the fingerprint recognition sensor to malfunction. Remove the screen protector to improve fingerprint sensitivity.
• Ensure that the fingerprint recognition area and your fingers are clean and dry.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints that are affected by wrinkles or scars.
• The device may not recognize fingerprints from small or thin fingers.
• To improve recognition performance, register fingerprints of the hand used most often to perform tasks on the device.
• Do not drag your finger too quickly or slowly. Drag your finger at a moderate speed to allow the device to recognize it.
• In dry environments, static electricity can build up in the device. Avoid using this feature in dry environments or before using the feature, discharge static electricity by touching a
HOW TO ENABLE FINGERPRINTS
1. On the Apps screen, tap Settings → Finger Scanner → Fingerprint manager.
2. If you have already registered fingerprints, a fingerprint recognition pop-up window appears. Press Ok and scan a registered fingerprint on the device.
3. Place your finger on the fingerprint area at the bottom centre of the screen.
4. Tap and hold the screen in the fingerprint area, and then drag your finger downwards
over the Home button.
Repeat this action using the same finger until the fingerprint is registered (6-7 times)
If you bend your finger or use a fingertip, the device may not recognize your fingerprints.
5.If a pop-up window appears requesting a password, enter the alternative password, tap Continue, enter the alternative password again to verify it, and then tap OK. You can use the alternative password instead of scanning your fingerprints.
6. If a fingerprint lock pop-up window appears, tap OK → Fingerprint.
Now you can use your fingerprints to unlock the screen.
ADD MORE FINGERPRINTS
You can delete or rename your registered fingerprints. You can also add more people to have access to your account. You can register up to 3 fingerprints.
On the Apps screen, tap Settings then Finger Scanner and Fingerprint manager.
To delete fingerprints, long press on the fingerptint and then tap delete.
To rename a fingerprint, long press on the finger print, and tap the pencil button. Then rename and press Ok.